Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Woke up this morning. . .

I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to be a husband. It is usually difficult for me to wake up and get going. Not today - I got right up, brushed my teeth, took out the trash, and made breakfast and lunch for myself and my wife. While doing these tasks, I looked down at my ring and felt an overwhelming sense of pride, happiness, and a responsibility to be the best husband I could possibly be.

I woke up excited, and invigorated by life, beaming at the prospect of making my wife happy. I got up out of bed, a new man - I've never felt like this before.

And then, I had an unprecedented epiphany. . . I felt the compelling urge to pray.

I went into the room, got on my knees, woke up Carollette and gave thanks to Life for giving me such a beautiful, intelligent, PERFECT wife! I was almost at the verge of tears as I felt this amazing spiritual connection with my wife which I had never felt before with anyone.

This is what I want my marriage to always feel like. I just had to document this time, in case I need to come back for a reminder at some point. . .

Growing more in love every day.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I have never seen this side of you, it is sosososo beautiful. Whatever Carollette is doing, tell her to keep it up and keep my cousin happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you have found someone who completes and fulfill you!! I love the two of you!! Can't wait to be an auntie to your children to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! My brother is so.....mature....you are with out a doubt going to be a wonderful husband...Carollette is lucky to have you and You are lucky to have her...ahh..I am about to start tearing up at work!

    ReplyDelete